Search This Blog

Artikel Pilihan

Jom Hafal dan Amal Doa Masuk Pasar... 💞

Alhamdulillah.. Dalam Sunnah Rasulullah Saw ada Kejayaan.. Baginda Rasulullah Saw telah ajar banyak doa kepada kita agar kita sentiasa ingat...

Breastfeeding during Ramadhan

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Question and Answer: (Ramadaan Series)

Q. Alhumdulillah, Allah has blessed me with a baby girl. I have decided to breastfeed my baby and not bottle-feed my baby. Can I breastfeed my baby during the Month of Ramadaan whilst fasting? Will breastfeeding my child whilst fasting during the Month of Ramadaan nullify my fast?

(Question published as received)

A. It is permissible for a woman to breastfeed a child whilst fasting. The breastfeeding of a child whilst fasting will not nullify the fast. However, if fasting is detrimental to the health of a breastfeeding woman, she may postpone the fast and make Qadha of the missed fasts after the Month of Ramadaan when she is in a position to do so. (Badaai-us-Sanaai)

NB. A breastfeeding woman should consult an upright and experienced Muslim doctor for advice on whether fasting will be detrimental to her health or not.


And Allah Knows Best


Mufti Ismaeel Bassa

Confirmation:
Mufti Ebrahim Desai




Fatwa Department
Jamiatul Ulama (KZN)
Council of Muslim Theologians
223 Alpine Road, Overport
Durban, South Africa
Tel : +27 (0) 31 2077099
Fax : +27(0) 31 2074163
Website : www.jamiat.org.za

No comments:

Post a Comment